This post may contain affiliate links or sponsored content. Please see disclosure policy.
Did you get some money back this year with your tax refund? Consider investing in a freezer chest! We did this a few years ago, and it continues to bless our family.
Here are some things you can freeze that perhaps you didn’t think of before:
- Cheese (I like shredding large blocks of cheddar and freezing in a ziploc bag.)
- Butter (I stick pounds of butter in the freezer and stock up when I find them at a good price)
- Bananas (Before they spoil I freeze them for banana bread. They turn black in the freezer but are great in recipes or smoothies.)
- Homemade Freezer Jams
- Christmas Cookies
- Pancakes (We make large batches and then freeze them. Then, just toast them up for breakfast. We don’t really eat syrup in our home. Just a little butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.)
- Pre-Cooked Ground Beef (An easy method is to boil hamburger, drain and then freeze flat in bags)
- Homemade Cookie Dough (Make the mix, form into balls, flash freeze on trays. Then, transfer to freezer bags.)
- Turkey/Chicken Bones (If I don’t have time to make stock right away, I freeze entire carcasses to make it later.)
- Carrots, Onions and Celery (Before these go bad, I stick them in the freezer to make stock with.)
- Cooked rice
- Casseroles (Many times I’ll double or triple a recipe and freeze them for easy dinners on hand)
- Leftover tomato paste
- Candles (to help them burn slower)
- Sliced Pepperoni
- Ginger root
- Gallons of milk
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you, for your support!
Hey! I'm Tasia
Welcome! I have been deal hunting for years. Getting the best deal shopping at BJ's and beyond has allowed my family to go through a 6 month spending freeze, pay off all our debt and now on our way to mortgage free! Sign up for tips and ways to save a ton.