Did you get some money back this year with your tax refund? Consider investing in a freezer chest! We did this a few years ago, and it continues to bless our family.
Here are some things you can freeze that perhaps you didn’t think of before:
- Cheese (I like shredding large blocks of cheddar and freezing in a ziploc bag.)
- Butter (I stick pounds of butter in the freezer and stock up when I find them at a good price)
- Bananas (Before they spoil I freeze them for banana bread. They turn black in the freezer but are great in recipes or smoothies.)
- Homemade Freezer Jams
- Christmas Cookies
- Pancakes (We make large batches and then freeze them. Then, just toast them up for breakfast. We don’t really eat syrup in our home. Just a little butter and a sprinkle of cinnamon sugar.)
- Pre-Cooked Ground Beef (An easy method is to boil hamburger, drain and then freeze flat in bags)
- Homemade Cookie Dough (Make the mix, form into balls, flash freeze on trays. Then, transfer to freezer bags.)
- Turkey/Chicken Bones (If I don’t have time to make stock right away, I freeze entire carcasses to make it later.)
- Carrots, Onions and Celery (Before these go bad, I stick them in the freezer to make stock with.)
- Cooked rice
- Casseroles (Many times I’ll double or triple a recipe and freeze them for easy dinners on hand)
- Leftover tomato paste
- Candles (to help them burn slower)
- Sliced Pepperoni
- Ginger root
- Gallons of milk
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. Thank you, for your support!
GET INSTANT ACCESS TO MY FREE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO COUPONING AT BJ's
Sign up to receive the Exclusive FREE Guide, plus tons of money saving ideas, coupons, deals & more.