Making a menu plan is smart way to reduce a food budget. It is also a time and sanity saver!
I have a menu plan that I keep handy in my homemaking binder. During breakfast, I check the menu plan to be sure there is enough time to defrost meat, or start the crockpot.
Why do I use a menu plan?
– It helps me to bring wholesome food to the table
– It saves money on groceries since I shop less
– It helps me reduce impulse shopping
– It saves me time and stress. (Too many times I’ve been caught off guard, and had to scramble at 5 o’clock to fix a meal for a very hungry, cranky family.)
– It saves me money since we aren’t eating out
– It helps me focus on what is available in the pantry, and I’m able to use my pantry more creatively
How to Make a Menu Plan
A menu plan doesn’t have to be anything fancy. Keep it simple. List out your favorite meals and then repeat them twice a month (or more). You’ll be surprised how fast the month will fill up!
Alternatively, you can track what you eat for a few weeks to figure out what your family likes to eat. Then, brainstorm from there.
Here is a FREE Menu Plan!
Just right-click the image below and save it to your hard drive. Then, open the image and print it off! This fits nicely in a 3-ring binder, or you can tack it to the fridge with a magnet. See how easy that is? *grin*
I hope you enjoy this free printable! I had a lot of fun creating it for you!
GET INSTANT ACCESS TO MY FREE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO COUPONING AT BJ's
Sign up to receive the Exclusive FREE Guide, plus tons of money saving ideas, coupons, deals & more.