Things are looking good for BJ’s Wholesale club. Even through a difficult 2020 year, BJ’s Wholesale club is planning on expanding their warehouse club operations in New York.
BJ’s Wholesale Club (NYSE: BJ), a leading warehouse club operator in the Eastern United States, announced today that the company is opening two new club locations in New York in early 2021.
Located in Long Island City and Newburgh, the two clubs will bring local families 25% savings compared to grocery store prices‡ and mark the 220th and 221st locations for the company. BJ’s will also open a BJ’s Gas® location in Newburgh, helping members save even more.
“We’re thrilled to expand our presence in New York and bring outstanding value and savings to families in Long Island City and Newburgh,” said Lee Delaney, president and CEO, BJ’s Wholesale Club. “BJ’s brings a fresh approach to the wholesale club experience by providing our members with outstanding value and convenience on everything they need for their family. We look forward to opening our two new clubs and BJ’s Gas location and continue our growth as a company.”
Both locations will feature an extensive selection of fresh foods, a full-service deli and household essentials like paper products, cleaning products, diapers, pet supplies and more. Plus, the clubs will offer the treasure-hunt experience that BJ’s members love with an exciting assortment of fashion for the family, seasonal items, toys, hot tech and a selection of local products.
Both clubs are expected to bring about 300 jobs to the region. The two new clubs will be the company’s 44th and 45th locations in New York.
BJ’s club in Long Island City will be located at 34-60 48th Street. BJ’s club in Newburgh will be located at 401 Auto Park Place.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is bringing a fresh take to the wholesale club experience:
- 25% off grocery store prices: BJ’s beats supermarket prices on national brands every day so members can stock up for less.
- Fresh choices: BJ’s assortment offers more fresh food than other warehouse clubs, with delicious produce, meats, deli and bakery items for weekly shopping.
- Shop Your Way: Members can shop however they want with convenient options like BJs.com, buy online, pick up in-club and same-day grocery delivery.
The Newburgh club is being developed by Goddard Development Partners, a skilled and successful retail developer on the East Coast led by Adrian Goddard.
The Long Island City club is being developed by Philips International Development, a New York- and Florida-based real estate company.
‡25% savings is based on Member pricing on a basket of 100 national brand household staples, on an unpromoted unit-price basis, when compared to four leading grocery chains in our trade areas. Learn more at www.bjs.com/25percentterms.
DID YOU SEE THESE?
- 20 Days of Giveaway Winners Announced
- BJ’s Wholesale Five Day Black Friday Deals
- Day 20: Enter to Win a Ninja Foodi Grill!
- Day 19: Enter to Win a Ninja Foodi!
- Day 18: Enter to Win a $50 Visa Gift Card!