Here is a little list if you are in the line of the storm:
– extra batteries
– 1 gallon of water, per person, per day (recommended 3-7 day stockup)
– easy prep food for 3-7 days
– supplies for babies
– supplies for pets
– bags packed with clothing in case you need to evacuate (bug out bags)
– make ice for your fridge/freezer
– turn fridge on to coldest setting
– before the storm, fill tub with water to wash with, clean things or flush toilets if you lose water pressure
– ample snacks
– fill your vehicles with gas
– update your emergency contact list
– charge cell phones
– prescriptions or medicines
– hygiene items
– hand can opener
– fire up generators and make sure they work
– store all items that could fly away… potted plants, deck furniture, grills, etc.
– consider taping up windows or putting up plywood if you are further south on the eastern seaboard.
– put vehicles in garage if you have them.
– check on your elderly neighbors or those who are sick and shut-in.
What did I miss? Any other ideas?