You heard it here first, friends. BJs Wholesale Club Pick Up In-Club Service is coming soon to a club near you. I was on the BJs.com website today and noticed grocery items in my search results.
I did a test for you, and searched for Back to Nature Nantucket Blend (22 oz) in zip code: 01757.
The search results returned 11 clubs within a 25 mile radius.
After selecting a club, it said the service wasn't available yet, as they are only in the beta stages of this new program. However, it did return price results. That is extremely helpful when planning your grocery budget! It would help more if BJs would show you which clubs have the item in stock. I'm hoping this will be a feature on the search once they have everything finished.
BJs Wholesale Club Pick Up In-Club Service – Keeping Up with the Competition
Sam's Club started offering club pickup service (formerly called Click n' Pull) sometime in the summer of 2006. It seems it has taken BJ's Wholesale Club a few years to catch up to their competitor. Yet, Costco does not have a pickup program, so they are ahead of Costco in offering this service.
Last summer, BJ's experimented with offering gas discounts at select clubs. Soon afterward, they offered a .10 discount on gas to all members when they shopped in the club first. It was only for a short promotional period. Now, a .10/gal discount is only offered for BJ's Perks Plus + Elite levels of membership. It seems BJ's Wholesale Club is (finally) working to offer more benefits to their members, in a very competitive marketplace.
My Predictions About BJs Wholesale Club Pick Up In-Club Service
– Shop online/pickup in-club service will only be available at select locations (in the beginning).
– Prices and availability will differ between clubs and regions.
– There is a good possibility that this will generate more jobs.
– Clipless Coupons will be automatically deducted in the shopping cart, or reflected in the search results.
– The possibility of kiosks to pick up your order, or a dedicated counter near the service desk.
– Email and text alerts when your order is ready.
– The ability to create lists on the website of your favorite/most purchased items.
– The ability to select a day and time for pickup.
– The ability to pay online or in the club.
– The ability to purchase fresh produce, cold, frozen, and deli items.
– Some items on the website will not be available for in-club pickup.
– An app for placing orders from your phone.
– The possibility of curbside pickup, and paying from your car using a mobile payment method.
– I suspect they will not allow you to edit an order once it is placed.
– You will have to look at your items and verify that they pulled everything correctly. There is room for human error, here.
– There will be bugs in the initial rollout of the program.
Things to Know About BJs Wholesale Club Pick Up In-Club Service
– Prices listed will not include taxes.
– Paper coupons must be presented in the club.
I suspect that BJ's will heavily promote this new service, considering the money invested into the website changes. My hope is that you can look forward to incentives to try it out. Maybe there will be a nice, money off your order coupon, such as $25/$100!
Let me know what you think!
Does the new BJ's Pick Up In-Club Service seem appealing to you?
CLICK HERE FOR MORE BJS DEALS! Come Hang and Score Deals with us on Tiktok too!
MyBJsWholesale may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read full disclosure here
This service from BJs would be a game changer. I recently switched from almost exclusively BJs shopping to Stop and Shop Peapod with occasional BJS trips. This would bring me back hard!
Yes! I cannot wait to try it out. This will be a big help to our family.