Select BJs members will be able to enjoy tax free shopping this summer. If your state participates, you can get ready for back to school and hurricane season. Here is a list of dates for each state…
Tax Free Shopping 2015 for BJs members
2015 Legislation changes repealed the the clothing exemption going into effect July 1st.
Delaware has no sales tax.
10-Day Sales Tax Holiday, Friday, August 7 – Sunday, August 16
– Clothing, footwear, and certain accessories ($100 or less per item)
– School supplies ($15 or less per item)
– First $750 of the sales price for computers and certain computer-related accessories when purchased for noncommercial home or personal use.
Beginning July 1, 2015, college textbooks and instructional materials which meet certain conditions are exempt from Florida sales and use tax through June 30, 2016.
Friday, July 31 – Saturday, August 1
– Clothing and footwear ($100 or less per item)
– Computers, computer components, and prewritten computer software for noncommercial home or personal ($1000 or less per item)
– School supplies, school art supplies, school computer supplies, and school instructional materials purchased ($20 or less per item)
Friday, October 2 – Sunday, October 4
– Energy Star Qualified Products ($1500 or less per item)
– WaterSense Products ($1500 or less per item)
Sunday, August 9 – Saturday, August 15
– Qualifying apparel and footwear $100 or less, per item.
Not yet confirmed or announced. Tentatively August 15 – 16th.
News Article: Sales tax holiday would boost Massachusetts sales by $168 million, study finds
New Hampshire has no sales tax.
Friday, August 7 – Sunday, August 9
– Clothing ($75 or less)
– School supplies ($20 or less)
– School instructional material ($20 or less)
August 7-9, 2015: School Supplies and Clothing; Energy Star and WaterSense Qualified Products; Hurricane and Emergency Preparedness Equipment
– School Items ($20 or less)
– Clothing and Footwear ($100 or less)
– Energy Star and WaterSense Items ($2500 or less)
– Portable Generators ($1000 or less)
– Gas-Powered Chainsaws ($350 or less)
– Chainsaw Accessories ($60 or less)
– Other Hurricane Preparedness Items ($60 or less)
Do you make use of the state tax free holiday for big purchases, or for back to school items?
CLICK HERE FOR MORE BJS DEALS! Come Hang and Score Deals with us on Tiktok too!
MyBJsWholesale may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read full disclosure here