When I was consistently running my other frugal living deal blog we were in the midst of money being very tight. I have always meal planned even when my husband and I were dating. I just had to know what meals I would be eating. In college, I didn’t actually write my menu out but I shopped at Aldi with a plan of buying ingredients to make my own food. (
In college, I didn’t actually write my menu out but I shopped at Aldi with a plan of buying ingredients to make my own food. ( If you love meal planning and frugal living check out my blog- The Frugal Farm Girl)
This is because it is a huge part of how my mother raised us. I am so thankful for all she has taught me because meal planning is one of the main reasons we survived our 6 month spending freeze. It’s a reason my budget has margin. It has saved me and my family and I think it can save you and yours too.
About a year and a half ago my weekly grocery budget was $45 a week for a family of four.I should say really three because we had a two and four-year-old. I shared my menu plan and my shopping list consistently for a week.
I thought this week it would be fun to share with you a menu plan you can grab at BJ’s with meal ideas AND keep it under $100! The best part about BJ’s is that it is enough to feed a larger family. So this plan is good for a family of six. If you have more or less you can adjust the needs accordingly.
The meals below are beginner friendly. They are simple, easy and quick. It will cost about $43 to get the ingredients and make the meals below. Plus you will have extra items on hand that you can use in your meal planning the next week. If you have a family of six this works out to about a $1 a person. Just think $43 is what you would spend on one meal if you are lucky for a family of four.
- Monday– Harvestland Chicken Burgers with Pasta Salad
- Tuesday– Baked Ziti with homemade garlic bread
- Wednesday- BBQ Chicken Breasts with baked potatoes and side salad ( I would cook the whole pack now and leave a few for your meal on Saturday so all you have to do is shred the chicken for your salad.)
- Thursday- Pancho’s Casserole( This is a recipe from one of my cookbooks but you could make Panchos! And I just started making my own tortillas WOW easy and way better tasting!
- Friday– Chicken Burgers and Garden Mix Steamed Veggies ( this one is super easy!)
- Saturday- Chicken Salad ( I would add in whatever veggies I have with this and cheese!) If you want a side make homemade rolls! This item you could get away with one breast two if your family is larger to shred for this salad.)
- Sunday- Homemade pizza ( this is the dough recipe I use, then just use some of your Organic Muir Glen Sauce, cheese and add Italian Seasoning. )
The Shopping List
1. Harvestland All Natural Chicken Burgers 12 pk. $12.99
Use the $2.50/1 BJs coupon from the the member savings booklet
Final Price: $10.49
2. Barilla Tri-Color Penne Rotini 6 pk. $7.49
Use the $1.50/1 BJs coupon from the Member Savings Booklet
Final Price: $5.99
3. Old El Paso Refried Beans 8 pk. $6.49
Use the $2.00/1 BJs coupon from the Member Savings Booklet expires 5/3
Use (4) $1.00/2 printable coupons here
Final Price: $0.49
4.Perdue Organic Chicken Breast $.49/lb. $13.96 average( still too high of a price opt for BJs brand Chicken breasts at $1.79/lb.)
Use the $3.00/1 BJs coupon from the member savings booklet
Final price: as low as $10.96
5. Bag of Organic Potatoes $2.99 ( If you don’t want Organic Potatoes this will be less cost to you)
6. Bag of Organic Foxy Romaine Lettuce $2.99
7.Birds Eye Steamfresh Fresh-Frozen Vegetables, 4 pk./12 oz. $6.99
Use the $1.00/1 Ibotta offer and
Use the $2.00/1 BJs coupon from member savings booklet expires 4/17 ( but many stores take an expired BJs coupon up to 7 days after)
Final Price: $3.99
8. Hamburger Buns $1.99 16 ct.
9.Muir Glen Organic Tomato Basil Sauce, 3 pk./8.5 oz $6.99
Use the $1.50/1 BJs coupon from the member savings booklet expires 4/17
Final Price: $5.49
TOTAL: $45.38 for a week of dinner meals! Plus you will have extra sauce, refried beans and more.
Do you meal Plan? What’s stopping you from Meal Planning?
CLICK HERE FOR MORE BJS DEALS! Come Hang and Score Deals with us on Tiktok too!
MyBJsWholesale may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read full disclosure here