BJ’s Wholesale club has said today Monday, March 23rd it is raising hourly wages temporarily by $2 across the company from March 23rd until at least April 12.
BJ’s is also offering one time bonus ranging from $500 -$1000 to managers and key personal by the end of March.
If you missed the post announcing BJ’s also giving seniors a special hour to shop, this is available too.
If you haven’t joined BJs yet and want to support this store get a $25 BJ’s membership for the entire year here.
You can read the official Press Release from BJs below.
BJ’s Wholesale Club (NYSE: BJ) today announced increased wages and bonuses for frontline team members; dedicated shopping hours for members age 60 and over; and contributions from the BJ’s Charitable Foundation that support local and national organizations providing essential services and support to those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
“Now, more than ever, we’re committed to supporting our team members and members while providing essential services to our communities during these challenging times,” said Lee Delaney, President and Chief Executive Officer, BJ’s Wholesale Club. “We are grateful to be a reliable resource for our members and we couldn’t do it without the continued dedication of our team members. We’re proud of their hard work and are pleased to recognize them with increased pay and bonuses.”
As an essential business, BJ’s will continue to operate under state of emergency and shelter in place orders recently issued in the U.S. Protecting team members, members and communities is the company’s top priority.
BJ’s has launched a number of programs to support team members during this time of need:
- Increased Wages: All hourly team members in the company’s clubs, distribution centers and home office will earn an additional $2 per hour for each hour worked beginning March 23, 2020 through at least April 12, 2020.
- Bonus Incentives: At the end of March, managers and key personnel in the clubs and distribution centers will receive a one-time bonus, ranging from $500 to $1,000.
- Team Member Paid Leave: BJ’s previously issued an emergency paid leave policy to support team members during this unprecedented time. The emergency paid leave policy includes:
- Waived absenteeism policy
- Pay for up to fourteen days when under mandated quarantine
- Pay through a mix of accrued sick time and company paid time if a team member tests positive for coronavirus and needs to self-quarantine
- Team Member Relief: Aisle Help, the company’s employee relief fund, is available to team members facing financial hardship and most impacted by the coronavirus
- Increased Workforce: BJ’s is actively hiring for permanent and temporary positions in clubs throughout its footprint in the Eastern United States.
- Travel and Work from Home Policy: BJ’s previously announced a ban on all team member travel unless business critical. The home office team members who are able to are working from home until further notice. In addition to the programs for team members, BJ’s is supporting its members and communities.
- Dedicated Shopping Hours: All locations have a designated shopping hour from 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m. daily for its members age 60 and over.
- Member Safety: BJ’s continues to follow recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to ensure clubs exceed the company’s already high standards for general hygiene and health practices.
- Getting Members What They Need: The company is focused on getting high-demand products to its clubs as quickly as possible and offering members alternative shopping methods like Buy Online, Pick Up in-Club and Same-Day Delivery.
Today, the BJ’s Charitable Foundation also announced $500,000 in donations to support local and national organizations providing essential services and support to those in need during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Local Impact: BJ’s is donating $400,000 to support local community foundations to help expand relief and assistance to those most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Local nonprofit recipients include the Boston Foundation, the New York Community Trust, Community Foundation of New Jersey and United Way of Miami-Dade.
- National Impact: BJ’s is proud of its longtime partnership with Feeding America®, the largest hunger-relief organization in the United States. BJ’s has committed to donating $100,000 to support Feeding America’s COVID-19 Response Fund and to help assist its network of member food banks to meet the increased demand for meals.
- Feeding Communities: BJ’s continues to support food banks across its footprint through its Feeding Communities program, donating food on a regular basis to support local relief efforts.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE BJS DEALS! Come Hang and Score Deals with us on Tiktok too!
MyBJsWholesale may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read full disclosure here