If you’ve recently swapped out your tires, or are planning to you may want to avoid these select Bridgestone Tires at BJs.
Bridgestone tires sold from July 11, 2021 through August 26, 2021. There are currently 8 affected tires being voluntarily recalled.
Why select Bridgestone Tires are being Recalled
The pinhole in affected tires is visible in the tire’s outward-facing sidewall near the first digit of the TIN Date Code. Should the pinhole penetrate the tire’s inner liner, a slow air loss may occur.
If left unaddressed, this slow leak could affect tire performance and, depending upon the particular vehicle and other circumstances, increase the risk of a crash.
Bridgestone has issued a voluntary recall to recover eight passenger tires that may have sustained a small pinhole in the outward-facing sidewall during manufacturing.
• The affected tires were manufactured at the company’s passenger tire plant
in Aiken, South Carolina between July 11, 2021 and July 17, 2021.
• All known customers, distributors and dealers will receive notification of
the recall with instructions from Bridgestone allowing them to determine if
they have one of the eight (8) affected tires with the pinhole condition.
TIN CODE: 2821
Bridgestone Tires Being Recalled
- Firestone Destination LE3 tires in size 225/65R17 with DOT Tire Identification Number
- (TIN) Code 17X 2Y LE32 2821;
- • Bridgestone Dueler H/L 422 Ecopia tires in size P245/60R18 with DOT TIN Code 7X VD
- 423 2821;
- • Bridgestone Dueler H/L Alenza tires in size 275/55R20 with DOT TIN Code 7X Y1 DH7
- • Bridgestone Turanza EL440 tires in size 235/60R18 with DOT TIN Code 7X 45 JB2 2821;
- • Bridgestone Ecopia H/L 422 Plus tires in size 235/55R20 with DOT TIN Code 7X 8A EC1
What To Do If You Have These:
All known customers, distributors and dealers will receive notification of the recall. Owners may take their vehicle to a Bridgestone company-owned retail store or a Bridgestone/Firestone authorized retail location for inspection to determine whether a pinhole is present in the outward-facing sidewall near the first digit of the TIN Date Code.
Bridgestone will replace affected tires with a comparable Bridgestone or Firestone brand tire or other suitable replacement at no charge to customers.