Are you getting into the Christmas spirit yet?! As a frugal woman I have been shopping for Christmas for months and now it's time to crack down. If you are wanting a few tips I use to help keep me on budget year after year scroll on down below.
Be sure to check out my List of Toys at BJ's here.
Tip #1 – Make a List and Manage Your Budget
With the most product variety of any wholesale club with more than 7,000 items (competitors typically offer 4,000), it’s easy to buy on impulse. Create your shopping list before visiting the club, and put your list in order for similar items. This way, you cut your shopping time in half and focus on your needs.
Use our own customizable shopping list for the Little Book of Big Savings HERE.
Tips #2 – Select Your Size
Single and family-size products are available at the club. Stock up on paper goods or pick up a gallon of milk, you’ll be amazed at the variety of package sizes available to meet everyone’s needs.
READ OR PIN HOW TO SHOP BJ's BASED ON FAMILY SIZE
Tip #3– Find Organics for Less
BJ’s continues to grow its organic assortment at a great value, boasting the largest selection in the membership warehouse space. Its organic selection contains no artificial fertilizers or pesticides, and must meet all USDA standards.
Check out the best organic deals for the week here.
Tip #4 – Give Own Brands a Try to Help Roll in the Savings
Whether its fresh produce, diapers, pet food, paper products or linens for your home, a good wholesale club offers high-quality house brand items at savings comparable to brand-name items. BJ’s Own Brands Berkley Jensen and Wellsley Farms are backed by a 100% Money-Back Guarantee so Members are rest assured that they chose well.
Check out my reviews on BJs brand products here
Tip #5 – Use Coupons to Your Full Advantage
BJ’s is the only wholesale club to accept all manufacturers’ coupons for greater savings on top of the Club’s everyday low prices. Plus, they offer BJ's Members-only coupons throughout the year. After all, saving you money is what BJ's is all about.
You can get your exclusive BJ's coupons:
- Online. Members, you can access and print in-Club coupons once you register with an online account on BJs.com. Register by clicking on “Sign In/Register” at the top of any BJs.com page.
- Add coupons RIGHT to your membership card here
- Through special-offer mailings
- In BJ's in-Club coupon flyers that’s updated twice a month
- Via email. If you are registered on BJs.com, you can sign in to your online account, select “Email Subscribe/Unsubscribe” and then select “Subscribe me for all BJ's promotional emails” to receive BJ's emails and weekly updates on BJs.com Instant Coupons.
Tip#6 – Fresh Meats Cut Your Way
BJ’s all natural beef, pork and poultry is the all USA only, 100% vegetarian fed and are from animals that have never ever been given antibiotics or growth promoting hormones.
Did you know that BJ’s offers whole primal cuts in many varieties at significant savings and the Club’s Butcher will cut them to Members specifications at no additional charge.
Many people may not know that at every BJ’s they can ask the butcher to have a piece of meat recut and repackaged at no charge. This is a real convenience because people can just take their meat home and put it straight into the freezer.
Tip #7 – Get Rewarded
BJ’s membership rewards upgrade is an investment that shoppers will see an immediate return on. Under the new My BJ’s Perks™ Program, BJ’s Perks™ Rewards® Membership is available for $100 a year; enabling Members to earn two percent back on most BJ’s purchases. The BJ’s Perk Elite™ MasterCard® credit card has a $100 membership fee and Members earn 5% back on most purchases in and outside of BJ’s. The BJ’s Perks Plus™ MasterCard credit card has a $50 membership fee and earns Members 3% back on most purchases in and outside BJ’s. Both credit cards also provide:
- Ten cents off per gallon of BJ’s Gas every day
- Earnings of 2% back on eating out and non-BJ’s gas purchases
- Earnings of 1% back on purchases made everywhere else MasterCard is accepted
- Bonus earnings of up to $50 after first use of the card outside of BJ’s
- Membership Renewal savings up to $25 annually through BJ’s Easy Renewal program
Check out my review if this membership is worth the upgrade here
Not a BJ’s club member? Get a year membership for $40 plus a $25 BJs gift card here.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE BJS DEALS! Come Hang and Score Deals with us on Tiktok too! $20 BJ's Membership Deal HERE
MyBJsWholesale may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read full disclosure here