When it comes to finding the best deal on meat, you have a few different options. You can go to your local grocery store, discount store, or even a wholesale club. But which one is going to give you the best price?
We compared three popular stores: BJ's Wholesale Club, Aldi, and Walmart. We look at packs of chicken, beef, and pork cuts of meat to see which store had the lowest prices.
Go ahead and predict to see which store you think has the best price for cuts of meat.
If you would like us to compare different cuts of meats, let us know in the comments below.
BJ's Wholesale Club:
Perdue Chicken Breasts Chicken: $2.99/lb
Ground Beef 85%: $3.89/lb
Assorted Pork Chops: $2.99/lb
Chicken breasts: $3.29/lb
Ground Beef 85%: $4.69/lb
Assorted Pork chops: $3.29/lb
Perdue Chicken breasts: $3.14lb
Ground Beef 85% : $5.72/lb
Pork Chops Center Cut: $4.07/lb
LOWEST MEAT PRICE FOR CHICKEN BREASTS
The overall winner for the best price on chicken breasts is BJ's Wholesale Club, at $2.99/lb. BJ's often runs coupons on Perdue as well.
LOWEST PRICE FOR GROUND BEEF
The overall winner for the best price on ground beef at 85% lean is BJ's Wholesale Club at $3.89/lb.
LOWEST PRICE FOR PORK CHOPS
The overall winner for the best price on assorted pork chops is BJ's wholesale club.
There isn't even one other store offering better meat prices. Aldi comes in second and Walmart third.
I mainly shop between BJs, Costco, and Aldi and can keep our grocery budget to $100 or less a week for a family of four.
If you are new to grocery budget shopping, check out some helpful articles I've written here.
I find this post interesting. However, I compared Aldi and BJ's meat prices back in 2014, and our meat prices were not much lower than now.
To compare meat prices at Sam's Club and Costco, tap here.
I did another post in the past where I compared five grocery items at BJs and Aldi- and BJ's won it too!
Even if you figure in the $25 membership fee, you will find so many other items that are a deal.
Reasons to shop at a wholesale club
If you are new to shopping at a wholesale club, here are a few reasons paying a membership fee will save you money in the long run.
1. You will save on your grocery bill each month- When you have a large family to feed, or you often entertain, buying in bulk can save you a ton of money.
2. You can buy ahead and save money- Planning for holidays or parties by buying non-perishable items in bulk can help you stay within your budget.
3. You will save on gas- Wholesale clubs offer gas discounts, saving you money each time you fill up your tank.
4. Gas alone is a huge reason to continue shopping at BJs. Every month BJ's runs a gas promotion called High Octane. You buy any items on the gas list and receive 10 cents off per gallon.
We have a quick deal scenario here for you where you can save 50 cents off a gallon of gas when you buy these five items.
5. You can find deals on name-brand items- Many people think that shopping at a wholesale club means you have to buy generic items. But that is not the case. Instead, you can find name-brand items at a discount.
If you want to see more items I think are a great deal at BJs, check out this post here.
As much as I love shopping at wholesale clubs to keep my grocery budget in check, there are a few items you should skip out on at BJs. I have a list of those items here for you.
BJ's Wholesale Club has always been our go-to store for meat. The prices are unbeatable, but the quality is excellent, too.
In fact, through the years, we've saved so much money shopping at BJ's that it quickly pays for our membership each year.
If you're looking for a fantastic deal on meat, check out the latest $25 BJs Membership offer here. You won't regret it!
What do you think? Do you shop at BJ's for your meat needs? Let us know in the comments below!
CLICK HERE FOR MORE BJS DEALS! Come Hang and Score Deals with us on Tiktok too! $20 BJ's Membership Deal HERE
MyBJsWholesale may earn a small commission via affiliate links in this post. Read full disclosure here